A. Machine Train Information:
If you would like us to help with the proper application of sensors to your machine we will need to know the following for each case or element of the machine train:
1. Machine Train Type (Turbine, Compressor, Pump, Gear, Fan, etc.)
2. Driver Horsepower or Kilowatts
3. Case Speed(s) (RPM)
4. If a multiple case machine a sketch, image or drawing of layout
5. Bearing Type (Journal or Rolling Element Bearing)
6. Proposed location of system (local, control room, etc.)
7. Distance from Machine Train to VMS (feet or meters)
B. VMS Type (Vibration Monitoring System):
STI systems can be standalone with local alarms and relays or can be integrated with your PLC/DCS System with the alarms and set-points setup in your system.
1. Transmitters only or Complete Monitors with Alarms and Relays?
2. Desired Engineering Units (Displacement, Velocity or Acceleration?
3. 24 VDC Power Supplies (Yes/No)
4. Field IO supplied and integrated (Yes/No)
5. Field IO Protocol? (Modbus TCP/IP, Modbus 485, Profibus, DeviceNet, etc.)
6. Local LED Display or will PLC/DCS will display values?
7. Common or Individual Displays?
8. If replacing an existing system please describe?
9. Would you like STI to provide a complete HMI System (Wonderware)?
10. English or Metric Terms?
11. Hazardous Area Approvals (Standard, Class 1 Div 2, Class 1 Div 1)
C. Integrated Enclosure:
STI will completely integrate the system into enclosures of your choice. The enclosures may be field mounted local to machine train or complete cabinet may be supplied for installation indoors or outdoors.
1. Local to Machine Train or Control Room?
2. Enclosure or Rack Mount?
3. Painted Steel (Nema 4), Stainless Steel (Nema 4x) or Fiberglass (Nema 4x) Enclosure?
4. Allow for future expansion?
5. How much in future expansion in percentage?